Phone: (702) 625-4922
Lynn V. Rivera is Partner based in the Reno and Las Vegas offices of Resnick & Louis, P.C. With over 20 years of experience practicing law in Reno, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles, Lynn has a multi-jurisdictional practice in California and Nevada. Lynn is a member of the Product & General Liability, Employment Law, Real Estate and Retail & Hospitality and Professional Liability practice groups.
Ms. Rivera routinely represents businesses of all sizes, including multi-national retail corporations, in complex tort, personal injury and large loss cases involving claims of products liability, premises liability and negligence. She also represents businesses and public entities in litigation involving employment, third party liability, bodily injury, professional liability, catastrophic and personal injury, and errors and omissions. Additionally, Ms. Rivera has vast expertise in medical malpractice and healthcare defense matters.
Ms. Rivera previously worked for thirteen years in public service. She practiced law as a Deputy District Attorney in Nevada and, as lead counsel, prosecuted numerous bench and jury trials involving both misdemeanor and felony crimes. She also worked as a Supervising Staff Attorney at the Nevada Supreme Court. She has experience defending appeals before the Nevada Supreme Court, the Federal District Courts and the Ninth Circuit court of Appeals. She has worked defending clients in civil litigation for over 10 years.
• Successfully litigated motion to dismiss in dental malpractice case involving deficiency of affidavit of merit (Clark County District Court, 2021);
• Successfully litigated motion for summary judgment in a large-loss commercial automobile case involving complex application of the course and scope of the driver’ employment (Mariposa Superior Court, 2021);
• Successfully litigated motion for summary judgment in a large loss commercial automobile case involving application of California’s nuanced coming and going rule (Los Angeles Superior Court, 2020);
• Successfully litigated motion for summary judgment in a large loss case involving third party criminal activity and claims of negligent supervision (Los Angeles Superior Court, 2020) ;
• Successfully litigated motion to dismiss In medical malpractice case involving application of the statute of repose (Elko County District Court, 1999)
Lynn is licensed to practice law in the state of Nevada and California.